The Jets were on a Bye week. That automatically took my interest level down a few notches. But still we press on (and for good reason, I received a few nice surprises this weekend)
- The Oakland Raiders. Shocked the world and beat the breaks off the Denver Broncos 59-14. That’s the most points scored int he team’s 50- year history! WHOA
- Rams Running Back Steven Jackson rushed into Rams history over taking Eric Dickerson’s all-time Rams rushing record. Jackson now has 7,324 yards. Unfortunately the Rams snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. In the final 10 secs Tampa Bay scored to beating the Rams, who had lead all game, by a point. Bucs 18- 17. Steven also broke his finger during the game and had surgery on Monday morning. He didn’t tell anyone until the flight home.
- The Bengals have not lived up to the hype. I’m not sure what’s not working. I don’t feel Chad & T.O. are distracted, its just not gelling properly. Terrell became the 5th player in NFL History to score 150 touchdowns. This comes in the same week it was noted he was voted as 1 of the most overrated NFL player by his peers. Falcons win 39-32
- Were the Dolphins robbed? Check the controversial call involving Steeler QB Ben Roethlisberger. Steelers over Dolphins 23-22
- Brett Favre threw 3 second half interceptions in addition to fracturing his ankle in 2 places. Is this the end for him? Coach Childress had a few not so nice words to say about the Veteran QB in his post game press conference as well. At least he & Randy Moss connected for a touch down. Hey, I’m a look on the bright side kind of female. Packers Win over the Vikings! 28-24
- The Patriots Beat the Chargers 23-20. Did we expect another outcome? I’m sad for the Chargers.
- The Ravens Beat the Bills in an overtime game that I had ZERO interest in however, can we discuss Ray Lewis’ Old Spice commercials for a minute? The one with the bubbles was weird, the bear was boring and this one is down right creepy! He looks like he’s sucking someone’s soul. No more please. I’m asking nicely!! Ravens Win 37-34