A quick look at some of the top stories bubbling around the NBA:
- Troubles in Lakerdom. Not sure what the real problem is. Apathy? Lethargic? unmotivated? The Lakers have all the talent in the world but somehow lack the drive. Kobe is creeping back into his old habits, Phil is throwing shots at him in the press (although he’s since backed away from his strong stance… slightly). Whatever the problem, the Lakers need to pull it together. They currently sit in 4th place in the Western conference.
- The Heat are the hottest show on the road but Miami fans still can’t seem to get it together to show up for the games. Today on Twitter, DWade made a plea for fans to show up to the Triple A for tonight’s match up against the Bucks. Shame on Miami fans! Dwyane & LeBron were named Co-Eastern Conference Player of the month for December. And for the love of all things holy, please don’t let there be any truth to the rumor that LeBron wants the Heat to be referred to as the “Heatles”. ICK! heat are currently in 2nd place in the East.
- Kevin Durant was named the Western Conference Player of the month for December. The Thunder are chugging right along although I may have anointed them a tad too soon. Still one of my favorite teams to watch. 5th in the West.
- Blake Griffin is the TRUTH! 20 plus double-doubles so far this season is a Clippers record. 2 straight months being awarded Rookie of the month. Blake is also leading the league in dunks this season (naturally) Dunk Contest here we come!! We don’t want to mention the Clippers position in the west.
- Caron Butler will miss the rest of the season with a ruptured Patella Tendon in his right knee. Dirk Nowitzki will miss his 5th straight game with a strained knee. Will the Mavericks be able to hold onto the 2nd place spot while their forwards nurse their injuries?
- The NBA is off to its best regular season start ever. ESPN & TNT ratings are up over 30% from last year. No Lockout PLEASE!