It’s part of the “Superstar Jock Kit” (one day I’ll break down all the components of that kit). Kevin Durant is the next athlete to be featured in a movie. The as-yet-to-be-titled Warner Bros film is set to start shooting in either Oklahoma City or Baton Rouge, La. in mid-September.
The details haven’t been released yet but the film has a basketball subplot (naturally). If the deal goes down, Durant will join a nice lineage of NBA stars that made the leap into the film world. LeBron is still waiting to shoot his film and Dwyane Wade is just waiting for his shot.
Check out a partial list:
- Dr J- “The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh”
- Shaq and Penny Hardaway – “Blue Chips” (no I won’t mention Kazaam or his other film)
- John Salley “Bad Boys”
- Ray Allen “He’s Got Game”
- Michael Jordan “Space Jam”
- Rick Fox “Eddie”
- Darius Miles “The Perfect Score”
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar- “Airplane” & “Game Of Death”
- Wilt Chamberlain – “Conan the Destroyer”