Round 9 looks like the final one for this stormy relationship. For years we’ve heard tales of the roller coaster ride Gilbert Arenas has had with his ex-fiance’ Laura Govan but now it looks like the 2 are finally done for good.
Laura is pregnant with the couples 4th child due in late May/early June. She has recently moved back to California and contacted an attorney with Trope and Trope, a high-profile family law firm in Los Angeles.
Details of the couples spending habits have emerged (naturally from a “source”) setting the stage for an ugly battle over child support.
Some of the highlights:
- In addition to the couples 3 children and 1 unborn child, there were other pregnancies that ended in miscarriage.
- fights where he repeatedly threw her out of the house (he documented a few of those situations on his blog. One time he mentioned putting her out for not keeping a clean house)
- The expenses for the home included dropping $100,000 on landscaping, $5,000 a month for housekeepers (guess he got tired of her not picking up), $675 “per car” washing, and $1 million for his backyard pool and grotto. He has sharks too, $5,000 a month to feed them and $1,500 for a keeper to drive from Columbus to take care of them.
- Gibert gave Laura $8,000 a month for expense, she spent more than half on her on home mortgage in California (smart girl at least she had something to go back to), the rest went to groceries, doctors, classes and other expenses for the children. But no Nanny EVER. Gilbert told her “You had them, You watch them”
- He did ensure his children — ages 5, 4 and 2 — got the finer things, buying a $60,000 train set and an $8,000 toy Mercedes-Benz electric car, and dropping between $30,000 and $40,000 during a shopping spree at FAO Schwartz.
You know this is just the tip of the iceberg. I can’t imagine the type of stories that will leak from this situation.
Check the pictures of Gilbert’s ppol as it was being built a few years ago. No doubt his grotto would give the Playboy Mansion’s version a little competition.