A former New York Yankees employee has written a tell-all book that has some explosive allegations. Abused By The New York Yankees is written by former assistant equipment manager Paul Priore.
Priore was fired in 1997. He claims the team dismissed him because he is HIV-positive, although per DeadSpin, the Yankees, and New York state courts, disagree.
In his new book, Priore claims the Yankees were a cesspool of debauchery including; locker room sex between teammates, more secret cameras for spying on players, drunk players and forged memorabilia.
- Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada engaged in sexual relations in the clubhouse sauna at the end of their first season with the team. Jeter and Posada then allowed Priore to perform oral sex on them in order to keep him quiet.
- George Steinbrenner spied on players using secret security cameras in the clubhouse, and was actively involved in the Iran-Contra Affair.
- Outfielder Gerald Williams had sex with an underage concession stand worker in a storage closet.
- Cecil Fielder played drunk on vodka, and Darryl Strawberry drank whisky during games.
- Bob Wickman, Jeff Nelson and Mariano Rivera tried to sexually assault him with a baseball bat.
- Batboys created a market of forged autographs on Yankees memorabilia.