Season 2 of Basketball Wives LA is a wrap. The final episode and part one of the reunion special aired back-to-back on VH1 Monday night. The claws were out, the accusations were heavy. let’s revisit some of those moments and take a look at the fashion – or in some cases, the lack thereof- from the reunion.
- Gloria let everyone know that it was because of HER there was a Basketball Wives LA. She was the spinoff however Jackie maintained that SHE is in fact the show. Both statements are accurate. Gloria was the reason for the spinoff and Jackie HAS become the focal point of the show…
- Gloria’s look for the night, a white leather trapped drape dress by Alexander Wang and Gucci Sandals
- Laura and Jackie faced off which erupted with Jackie telling Laura she was jealous of her and Laura telling Jackie she’s “gross,” “old,” “looks like she smells,” and that she’s cheap rocking Bebe boots.
- I was feeling Laura’s look from the waist up. her leggings were Givenchy but didn’t work for me once I saw a full body shot. She rocked it with Christian Louboutin studded pumps and a leather ruffle jacket from Mother of London that was EVERYTHING!
- Well, Laura was right, Jackie was in fact in Bebe. It was the hi-lo leather trench dress… That’s all I’ve got.
- Oh Bambi… Bambi was in a green sequined gown and nude Jimmy Choo stilettos. The look reminded me of Compton’s Little Mermaid, Ariel. :shrug: Check the scene where Bambi discusses being a “freshman” and her beef with the Govan sisters.
- Bambi went IN on Laura claiming that rapper The Game’s whole Black Wall Street crew ran threw her. If you recall the Twitter battle between Matt & Game associate, Avante Rose made the same claim as well, so there’s that.
More of Bambi’s thoughts on Gloria:
“Yes, [she is] very fake. You’re fake if you cannot be who you are all the time. Like if you’re a ho, you have to own it, you know what I’m saying?” “It’s just too damn dry. Like, you’re boring. You’re Casper. You’re just blah.”
- One of the silliest beefs of the season in my opinion- and there were several – was the Brooke’s beef wit Draya. I maintain that Draya seemed happy for Brooke up until the moment the King Magazine editor started discussing Draya with Brooke. That whole situation dragged on for too long, even throughout the reunion. Side, Brooke has a habit of standing up over women which can quickly escalate a discussion into a fight. Why is she always on the defense?
- Brooke’s look for the night, Alexander McQueen and Jimmy Choo. Now a Brooke sidenote, she is GORGEOUS and her skin is amazing.
- Draya’s look was a custom silk gown by Geebin Flores and Miu Miu pumps. I wasn’t feeling this look. It seemed ill fitting and like it overwhelmed her frame. I love her bob but she’s already moved on from that look and is back to dark, long weave.
- My favorite look of the night hands down belonged to Malaysia. Mrs. Pargo rocked a Badgley Mischka black chiffon gown.
Owwwww!! Part 2 next week!
photos and clips via VH1 and Instagram