The players union for NBA Jocks- The NBPA- is absolutely keeping an eye out on the recent movements between the NFL and it’s newly decertified union. During the All-Star break, in addition to the general meeting that was attended by some of the top players in the game:
Ray Allen, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Bosh, Baron Davis, Kevin Durant, Pau Gasol, Kevin Garnett, Al Horford, LeBron James, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce, Amar’e Stoudemire, Dwyane Wade, Russell Westbrook, and Deron Williams and others, plus the Executive board members.
A separate meeting was held for the entourages of some of the league’s top players. And when I say entourage, I mean the “professional friends”. Not the agent or publicist. We are talking about the “Turtles” and “Johnny Dramas” of the NBA world. Ok maybe one or two “E” status guys also.
Basically the players union is reaching out on all fronts to get the message embedded into it’s stars that there WILL be a work stoppage this summer.
Anyway, here’s a look at who was invited to the meeting and what athlete entourage they’re apart of:
1. Kevin Samples, cousin to Orlando’s Dwight Howard
2. Maverick Carter, associate of Miami’s LeBron James
3. C.J. Paul, brother to New Orleans’ Chris Paul (who is an executive vice president of the NBPA)
4. Matt Rosenberg , associate of Chicago’s Joakim Noah
5. Tony Durant, brother to Oklahoma City’s Kevin Durant
6. Reggie Rose, brother to Chicago’s Derrick Rose
7. Lorne Clark, associate of the Clippers’ Blake Griffin
Interesting strategy and very telling about the state of negotiations. I wonder if they conducted a similar meeting for the ladies involved in these players entourages? Guess we know who and what really holds the power with the Jocks’ money matters.