I know Friday Night Lights is primarily a football reference but the Highlights from Friday Nights in the NBA are incredible!
- Kevin Love ESPN 30 for 30 (31 points 31 rebounds) Last night on ESPN Kevin Love had the First 30 point 30 rebound game since Moses Malone did it in 1982. Earlier in the week he had a 23 points- 24 rebound performance against the Lakers. TimberWolves take down the Knicks 112-103. The Knicks suffering a beat down by the T-wolves means the fire D’Antoni chants will be headlines soon to go hand in hand with the Jeers in Madison Square Garden. Kinda shows how valuable Steve Nash was to Amare right?
- Thunder vs Blazers is a nice little rivalry in the making. The Thunder squeak a win out over the Blazers for the 2nd time in a week, 110- 108. Both teams have a young core coming into their own. Hopefully injuries won’t derail the Blazers season once again. Russell Westbrook had 35 points, 7 assists and 6 rebounds to celebrate his 22nd birthday. Kevin Durant added 34 points (those 2 together are vicious). Brandon Roy put up 24 for the Blazers, Andre Miller had 10 assists. Can someone PLEASE talk to Dre about the way he chews his gum. It’s gross. Either that or less close ups on him. Ewwwwwww
- So The Jazz are kinda for real when they play in the East right? After dropping both the Magic and the Heat in the same week, they end it by knocking off the Hawks.
- Congrats are in order to JKidd. He recorded his 11,000th career assists as the Mavs beat the Sixers
- Magic lost to the Raptors. Tonight the Raptors face the Heat. Udonis Haslem has been on it with the quoteables lately. Yesterday he referred to Paul Pierce as a “Studio Gangsta” today he was asked if the Heat would win over the Raptors for Chris Bosh, he’s reply, “No, we’re going to do it for the Heat”. Where’s the Love???